Camelot High
Welcome to Camelot High!
Camelot High
Welcome to Camelot High!
Camelot High
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for sorcerors and knights of the modern day.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Common Room (private)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Shaya
Newb
Shaya

The Common Room (private) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Common Room (private)   The Common Room (private) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 2:03 am

I look down at my fingers, I start twiddling my thumbs, I wasn't quite sure what to say next. I keep my eyes on my fingers, without looking up I say, "Well, if you ever need help, I'll be there if you need me." I start fiddling with the bracelet on my wrist, I twist and turn the little pieces on it. I finally look up, I look at Awen, "I mean if you ever, anytime, need help, I'll be there for you." I say, just to make myself clear. She was the first person I've met here and I wanted her to be a friend.
Back to top Go down
Eanor
Ruler of Sparta
Eanor

PostSubject: Re: The Common Room (private)   The Common Room (private) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 2:44 am

Awen was dumbstruck. She didn't let it show, of course (hiding her feelings was after all her speciality), but her eyes widened a bit. She wasn't accustomed to such statements and she wondered how Ashley could say something like this when they had spoken together for what, five minutes? Ten, perhaps?
But she felt touched and decided after some seconds to let it show. She very rarely let show any affection except for Eanor and Lana (even though for Lana, it was more of a mutual respect, not real friendship).
Now, she extended a pale, blue-veined hand with red knuckles and touched her arm.

- Thank you, she whispered calmly, then removed her hand.
Back to top Go down
Shaya
Newb
Shaya

PostSubject: Re: The Common Room (private)   The Common Room (private) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 3:15 am

I knew I probably shouldn't have been so open, but I felt like I trusted her for some reason. I look down at my arm as she touched it, I felt a chill in my skin, I don't know why I had reacted a bit differently, normally I would hurt someone if they dared touched me. I had a few privacy issues which included personal space. I look up at her, my eyes stung, I could feel my body temperature dropping, I smile at her, "No problem." I say slowly. I turned away quickly, I didn't want to show how naive I really was, I trusted people to quickly, it was just how I was. I would never trust a boy though, that's just a totally different case.
Back to top Go down
Eanor
Ruler of Sparta
Eanor

PostSubject: Re: The Common Room (private)   The Common Room (private) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 1:39 am

Awen noticed immediately that Ashley was as reluctant as her to physically touch or get touched by people. It was odd to meet someone like her.
She turned away and Awen understood she wanted to hide her feelings. She had done it herself most of the time, before - turning away and pretending to look at something behind oneself.
But several years of training had helped her to forge a perfect neutral mask that was almost flawless.
Ashley certainly would do the same.

- Where are you from? Arc asked after a while.
Back to top Go down
Shaya
Newb
Shaya

PostSubject: Re: The Common Room (private)   The Common Room (private) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 1:17 am

I slowly turned my face, to look forward. I still wouldn't show my face to her, I just felt too open at the moment. I look down at my hands which were resting on my lap. I started twiddling my thumbs seeing that there wasn't anything else to do. I stayed silent for awhile. I didn't know if I should carry on speaking or not. I already felt open as it is, I didn't want to be more open. I finally stopped twiddling my thumbs, I look down at my feet, still not facing Awen. I could feel my body temperature slowly, not noticeably, but slowly decreasing, I was feeling a strange emotion, possibly trust, possibly loyalty. I wasn't quite sure what I was feeling, but whatever it was it had an effect on my body and powers.

"Ohio." I finally mumble, I wasn't quite sure how she was going to react to this and I didn't know why I cared.
Back to top Go down
Eanor
Ruler of Sparta
Eanor

PostSubject: Re: The Common Room (private)   The Common Room (private) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 6:15 pm

Awen nodded slowly. Ohio. Yes, that place rang a bell. USA, right? She continued silently cutting the stems of her plants and putting them back into her bag.
At some point, she drew a little plate and started pushing the substance out of the stems into the plate. It was rich in matter, transparent and a little viscous.
Both of them stayed silent for a long time, doing as less noise as possible.
Back to top Go down
Shaya
Newb
Shaya

PostSubject: Re: The Common Room (private)   The Common Room (private) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 6:45 pm

I finally looked up at her, I wasn't sure if I should say anything or not. She seemed so busy, would she even answer me? I look at my locket, thinking of home, What would I've done if I were at home? I think to myself. I look at what she was doing, she was busy doing something to her plants.

"So where are you from?" I ask her, not sure if I actually wanted an answer.

She seemed so much more relaxed than I was, what was wrong with me? Why couldn't I just relax and talk to a friend? I feel like an idiot.
Back to top Go down
Eanor
Ruler of Sparta
Eanor

PostSubject: Re: The Common Room (private)   The Common Room (private) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 6:52 pm

Awen pushed some more substance into the plate; it bubbled when it came out of the plant's stem.

- Brittany, she simply said. That's in France.

Oh, Brittany - Bretagne.
Breizh.
She felt herself close to crying for some reason. When she thought of her country, she just wanted to be there. In a giant meadow, on the cliffs, in the center of a cromlech. Oh, how she was yearning to be there!
Back to top Go down
Shaya
Newb
Shaya

PostSubject: Re: The Common Room (private)   The Common Room (private) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 7:50 pm

I could see she was on the verge of tears, I wondered what was wrong. Did I say something wrong? This was all my fault, I think to myself. I wanted to help her if something was wrong. I didn't want my newly found friend to be sad.

"What's wrong?" I ask her, feeling slightly protective over her.

I didn't know why I was protective over her, I'd only met her a few minutes ago.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Common Room (private)   The Common Room (private) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Common Room (private)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2